Support the United Way of West Alabama
Mission of United Way of West Alabama
The mission of United Way of West Alabama is to promote the general welfare of the citizens of West Alabama by:
- Raising funds, on an annual basis, to assist the effective delivery of health and human care programs and services,
- Allocating funds raised on a fair and equitable basis according to the priority needs of the community,
- Monitoring the expenditures of United Way funds to assure they are used effectively,
- Considering the funding of additional programs and services, when appropriate, and
- Assisting, whenever needed, in the implementation of new efforts to meet emerging community needs.
720 6th Street - Post Office Box 2291
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35403
visit the website at: http://www.uwwa.org/
Department of Human Resources
The Office of Child Protective Services provides the following functions for the Family Services Division of the Department of Human Resources:
- Maintains the Central Registry on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Applies for and monitors grants for protective services projects
- Provides case consultation services
For basic DHR information please call:
or visit the website at: http://www.dhr.alabama.gov/
For information on Tuscaloosa County DHR Contact Information, please click here.
Children's Trust Fund - Alabama
Mission Statement: The Alabama Department of Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention (ADCANP) secures resources to fund evidence-based community programs committed to the prevention of child maltreatment. We advocate for children and the strengthening of families. Thinking about a Personalized tag for your car? A Specialty Car Tag is available for purchase at your local Probate Office. It's tax deductible and proceeds directly fund community-based prevention programs.
60 Commerce Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
or click here to visit the website